Resolving Cancer: What Must Be Considered
A diagnosis of cancer can be a scary and intimidating diagnosis. The whole arena of cancer treatment, although emerging from the narrow perspective of treatment with chemotherapy, radiation and surgery, must consider several issues to be successful.
If one does not consider eliminating the cause of cancer even with chemotherapy the chance of recurrence is very high. Additionally, the rate of cancer resolution with chemotherapy and radiation alone is generally short lived. Many times these cancers recur.
When diagnosed with cancer you have a number of options for treatment. Chemotherapy, radiation and surgery is the traditional way to treat cancer. This type of therapy is supported by much research but ignores utilizing the body’s strong healing capabilities.
Targeted chemotherapy (aka insulin potentiation therapy) targets just the cancer with little peripheral tissue damage and leaves the body more capable of long term recovery.
Nevertheless treating the causes of cancer while strengthening the body’s immune system is highly effective. This orientation for treating cancer (or for that matter preventing cancer) can be used as a stand- alone series of treatments or in conjunction with the more traditional forms of cancer treatment.
Cancer treatment basics:
Several concepts and actions must be considered to effectively treat cancer short and long term.
- Sugar is the food for cancer cells. Minimizing or eliminating sugar and carbohydrates in your diet starves cancer cells. Transitioning to a ketogenic (fat burning) diet is critical during cancer treatment or to prevent cancer. Increasing fats in the diet while decreasing sugars and carbohydrates is the diet of choice to avoid or treat cancer.
- Environmental and internal toxins should be identified (research required) and eliminated. Removing accumulated body toxins will help your body heal itself. This is especially critical after chemotherapy. Body detoxification is a massive but critical topic.
- Improving circulation to all cells of the body with nitric oxide will improve the body’s healthy function and cancer treatment.
- Minerals and trace minerals will not only help the body function more effectively but will decrease acidity (increasing alkalinity) which makes the body resist cancer cell proliferation.
- A stronger immune system will fight cancer cells more effectively. This is done by incorporating exercise, improved life style, healthy nutrition and particular immune enhancing herbs and supplements.
- A well- functioning Gastrointestinal system is a must for healthy nutrition and adequate toxin elimination.
- Evaluating your DNA will determine what weaknesses a person must overcome to fight cancer or prevent its recurrence.
- Hormone balance is critical to prevent or treat many cancers.
- Recuperative sleep while minimizing anxiety will strengthen the body and immune system.
Every one of these strategies will improve your body’s ability to fight cancer or prevent it.
Enjoy the Journey, Dr Bob