The Secret to Surviving (and Adopting) a Rapidly Changing Health Care System
Our rapidly changing health care landscape is not only stressing everyone involved but threatening those unable to no longer access the health care system.
It is important to first realize that in the US and most other countries health care is quite expensive whether you have insurance coverage or not.
Additionally our medical delivery is generally ineffective. We exist in a medical system which manages disease and suppresses symptoms such as pain, fatigue, acid reflux and poor sugar control without actually taking care of the causes of those illnesses.
Our medical system has evolved to a system which removes you (the patient) from the control of your health and gives that control to the doctors, drug companies, the insurance companies and government. That is the reason you are a captive in a very elaborate and expensive health care system.
Seductive marketing is the educational tool used by the insurance companies, medical system and drug companies to make you believe theirs is the only solution. What complicates the health care system further is that we are continually stressed by unhealthy foods and a toxic environment. What the consumers of health care must do is to find solutions not mask symptoms with drugs or to treat illness only when it has reached end stage.
Examples of marketing unhealthy products
Here are several examples of misleading, seductive health marketing.
Many people suffer from acid reflux or Gerd. The medical and pharmaceutical’s marketing solution is a seemingly common sense approach to neutralize the acid with an antacid or proton pump inhibitor medication. The healthy, effective and correct solution to acid reflux is to take digestive enzymes and Hydrochloric acid which helps digest your food so you don’t have acid reflux. The last thing you want to do is to neutralize the acid. Antacids bring massive health complications when used over a long period of time.
Another example is that of statin drugs (these constitute the family of drugs with the highest sales) to decrease cholesterol so that this cholesterol does not block arteries. In reality cholesterol is not the problem and statin drugs deplete CoQ10 critical for cardiac function. Depleted CoQ10 in many cases will eventually lead to a heart muscle failure or heart attack. The best solution is to use certain simple therapies, exercise and eliminate the reasons for the rise in cholesterol such as liver toxicity.
These are just a few of the many examples of misguided health information which jeopardizes your health for the benefit of pharmaceutical profits.
What should be the orientation of health marketing
Our medical system is focused on expensive, highly profitable disease management. Unfortunately, there is no focus on inexpensive, preventive health management or early disease intervention. Prevention, healthy life style education or using the tools and technology to focus on early, low cost intervention would dramatically reduce health costs and result in a much healthier population much less dependent on a costly health care system.
These approaches are not profitable for the medical industry or pharmaceuticals yet would be the healthiest most economical approach for individuals.
Returning to the original blog concern of our rapidly changing, increasingly expensive health care system the best approach by individuals would be to divorce themselves as much as possible from health insurance and our health care system.
I am not suggesting to go without health insurance or to never go to the doctor but to take back control of your health. This translates to having to educate yourself on how to be healthy and try to depend on insurance only for accidents and severe health problems (eg a fractured leg) not for health problems you can prevent or easily resolve on your own. This is better known as catastrophic insurance.
How to become healthier for life
The following are several examples of how to take back control of your health while significantly reducing health care costs. Who cares more about your health than you? Some of these suggestions may be more difficult for the average person but the idea is to eventually evolve to a healthier life which prevents most illness and significantly decreases health care costs. Most illnesses we contract are easily prevented with the right information and motivation to incorporate them into your life.
- Become a student of health, especially your specific health issues and needs
- Continue to incorporate healthy practices and products while eliminating unhealthy ones. This will occur over months and years
- Decrease the amount of processed foods and increase the whole natural, organic foods you consume. The healthiest foods are located around the periphery of grocery stores
- Get a genetic test to determine what your specific health needs are and what must be avoided to be healthy. Each person’s health needs differ as determined by your genetics
- Use digestive enzymes with all meals, especially after 35 years old
- Dramatically decrease consumption of sugars and carbohydrates
- Increase the consumption of probiotics. Fermented vegetables are a good source (eg Sauerkraut)
- Decrease (preferably eliminate) health destructive habits such as smoking, drugs, alcohol and soda consumption
- Add in physical activity to your daily routines
- Deep recuperative sleep is critical. There are many causes of poor sleep which can be resolved without damaging medication
- Begin to ween off medications when possible as most have unhealthy side effects
- Use diagnostic tools and advanced therapies to assess health issues early in their inception
- Increase hydration with clean water
- Use stress reduction techniques and reduce stressful situations in your life
- Continue to detoxify throughout life and eliminate sources of toxicity you are exposed to
- Continue to take Vitamin D3, C, B vitamins, Magnesium and multi-minerals
- See a biologic dentist focused on a healthy mouth
- Learn how to create a healthy, non-toxic home with clean air devoid of mold and other dangerous chemicals and lower exposure to electromagnetic frequencies (EMF’s)
There are other ways to create a healthy life because the healthier you become the better your life will be and the lower the cost of maintaining health.
Taking control of your health is the way to avoid the rapidly shifting landscape of our health care system and the insurance vascillations. That is how to survive a rapidly changing health care system.
If you want to learn more advanced, low cost and effective ways to become optimally health, decrease your out of pocket health expenses and take back control of your health contact me at our site / blog www.clarifiedhealth.com.